The objective of the Social Inclusion Cluster:
Increased capacities of the Government (particularly the Ministry of Labor and Social welfare, Ministry of Health and Ministry of Human and Minority Rights) and civil society organizations in reducing vulnerable groups’ social exclusion through improved social security and health system, introduction of active labor mechanisms and economic opportunities, with special focus on women empowerment.
In line with the Millennium Development Goals 1, 3 and 6 (link), the UNDP Montenegro works on the following:
- In partnership with key Ministries and institutions, support to the vulnerable and social groups at risk of exclusion (such as Roma, people with disabilities, elderly, the poor, single parents, youth, etc.) in their efforts to access social and health services, employment and development;
- Development and implementation of key national strategic documents such as National Action Plan on Gender Equality and Law on Gender Equality with focus on increased participation of women in decision making, economic empowerment and fight against violence in family;
- Support to national partners in implementing the national HIV/AIDS strategy targeting all at-risk- groups in society, thus keeping HIV/AIDS prevalence rate below 0,01%;
- Implementation of the national Tuberculosis Program enabling constant decrease in both tuberculosis and multi resistant tuberculosis cases;
- Partnerships building between central government, local governments, urban poor community groups, civil society and the private sector in establishing effective mechanisms for provision of innovative community-based social security services;
- Support in preparation of National Human Development Reports and Millennium Development Goals Reports.
Mr. Miodrag Dragišić, SI Cluster Leader
Bul. Sv. Petra Cetinjskog 1A
81 000 Podgorica
Tel. +382 20 22 55 33; Fax +382 20 22 55 51
Programmes and Projects within the Social Inclusion Cluster: